- "Strong willed and forceful, Shizune is definitely the leader type. She’s been the class rep, despite being deaf and mute, for as long as her class has had one, and generally takes charge in just about any situation she’s placed in. Shizune is known around the school as a fearsome taskmaster, and skilled manipulator, but also as a fair and just leader."
- — Official Description
Shizune Hakamichi (羽加道静音, Hakamichi Shizune) is the class representative of Class 3-3 at Yamaku Academy, as well as the president of the Student Council. She is deaf, and as such, resorts to sign language to communicate (however Misha is often used as her interpreter). She is very diligent when it comes to her work, and does not appreciate people around her slacking off or shirking their duties. She is very strict towards others, in contrast to fellow class representative of 3-2, her cousin Lilly Satou.
Shizune has short dark blue hair and dark blue eyes, she wears a pair of grey glasses that she rarely takes off, a gold wristwatch, dark blue thigh-high socks and, black shoes with a strap that has a red rose on it. She is often seen wearing her school uniform which is described as tight on her; however, she has been seen wearing two other outfits as well, both outfits are described as mature and well thought out by Hisao. The first is a Yukata that is red with faded white flowers and a purple bow. With the yukata she wore a hair pin which was of a flower, it was rather large and had red jewels for petals. The second outfit she wore was a black and white dress that has two strips going to the back of her neck and tied into a bow, three black buttons, a black skirt, and a red belt running across her mid-section. She wore this when she went back home to Saitama.
Akira Satou - Shizune likes Akira, well at least much better than her Sister. Akira and Shizune have a history together but not much detail is known.
Hideaki Hakamichi - Shizune and Hideaki get along but the sibling rivalry does exist, they both share Shizune's competitive fire which often has them competing over nothing. Shizune upholds her older sister role when it comes to managing Hideaki but the younger brother does not know sign language. The siblings share some hobbies as well, the main being fishing but both are seen to be good at board games.
Jigoro Hakamichi - Shizune resents her father and talks back to him even though he doesn't even know sign language. She is able to imitate her father and makes fun of him.
Shiina Mikado (a.k.a. Misha) - Shizune's best friend and interpreter. Misha met Shizune at the beginning of a year; Misha knew little sign language but just enough for the two become friends. They were friends ever since, but eventually Misha developed a crush on Shizune. Shizune rebuffed Misha's confession, causing conflict later in the arc. All throughout Shizune's arc, Shizune notes that she doesn't give Misha enough credit for being such an asset to her. As a result, Misha's grades started to slip throughout Shizune's arc due to Misha's persistence to be with Shizune. The two rarely fight. However, the chosen ending determines whether or not Shizune and Misha continue to be friends after graduation.
Lilly Satou - Shizune is not very fond of Lilly, often arguing with her whenever they meet. Lilly describes Shizune as pushy, rude, and scary. Shizune thinks Lilly is lazy and selfish. Both were once in Student Council before Shizune "scared off" the rest of the members, leaving just Misha and Shizune. This meant that they were forced to run a booth in last year's festival together and Shizune, Lilly, and Misha took jobs to pay for supplies. Shizune and Lilly still haven't been able to get along but they do respect each other.
Akio Mutou - As Student Council President, Shizune is on good terms with her teacher.
Yuuko Shirakawa - Shizune is a regular at the Shanghai. She often sees Yuuko there in addition to the library. As a result, the two have good standing with each other.
Shizune's appearance would give you the impression that she is all business however, this may hold true in some cases she is actually rather childish. Shizune can't easily hide her emotions on her face most likely due to the fact that she is deaf and mute. She will analytically stare when she needs to fully understand a conversation while constantly messing with her glasses. Adjusting, rubbing, and just touching in general, she does this out of being analytical as well however, it seems to be a habit she enjoys. Shizune has an obsession with friendly competitions and would often make things out to be a contest even when it doesn't make sense. Shizune has leader-ship qualities which she proves by being the president of the 3 member Student Council. Even so, she says that she doesn't really like being a leader but rather she likes responsibility. Shizune takes initiative often and is very direct with what she says so that she doesn't make any mistakes. Shizune can be sensitive, she will try to hide her mistakes and is very quick to suppress her worries until they catch up to her, she will often try to handle and situation she gets into by herself first before asking for help. She also blushes easily usually when teases and will rub her glasses hard in response. Shizune is also a very ambitious student and is very capable, even when she misses class often because of Student Council. Considering all of this, she can be very playful, she has a habit to tent her fingers and snap impressively loudly, which is described as the sound of thunder.
See Shizune's route for the full plotline.
- Shizune's path is the only path that takes place throughout the entire school year and ends on their last days at Yamaku.
- She is the only romanceable character who does not cry during the course of her path, not even in the bad ending. Unless you count her first sexual encounter with Hisao during their visit at her family's house, where you can see some small tears during the act.
- Unlike the other girls on their respective routes, or scenes during Act 1, there's not a single scene with Shizune (nor Misha) where Hisao decides to talk to her about his arrhythmia problem. The most direct revelation he says comes in Slow Recovery during Act 1, but as an option leading to the Bad Ending. Although he gives some hints in later scenes about being hospitalized in the past as the cause of being transferred to Yamaku, but nothing else.
- Shizune's name translates roughly as "quiet noise".
- She wears a watch on her right wrist which is never actually seen, only mentioned and described. It has golden hands and is described as "delicate" by Hisao.
- It has been hinted that Shizune is capable at reading lips.
- Shizune refuses to throw things.
- Shizune never makes wishes, due to a hinted embarrassing reason.
- After Shizune has been selected as the girl to pursue, her route only has one decision fork (when choosing to comfort Misha or not in Act 3).
|Emi Ibarazaki • Shizune Hakamichi • Lilly Satou • Hanako Ikezawa • Rin Tezuka|
|Kenji Setou • Shiina "Misha" Mikado • Akio Mutou • Nurse • Yuuko Shirakawa • Akira Satou • Meiko Ibarazaki • Shinichi Nomiya|
|Hideaki Hakamichi • Jigoro Hakamichi • Sae Saionji • Karla Satou • Aoi • Keiko • Shopkeeper • Miki Miura • Iwanako • Saki Enomoto • Rika Katayama • Track Team Captain • Takashi Maeda • Taro Arai • Suzu Suzuki • Natsume Ooe • Naomi Inoue|