- "Strong willed and forceful, Shizune is definitely the leader type. She’s been the class rep, despite being deaf and mute, for as long as her class has had one, and generally takes charge in just about any situation she’s placed in. Shizune is known around the school as a fearsome taskmaster, and skilled manipulator, but also as a fair and just leader."
- — Official Description
Shizune Hakamichi (羽加道静音, Hakamichi Shizune) is the class representative of Class 3-3 at Yamaku Academy, as well as the president of the Student Council. She is deaf, and as such, resorts to sign language to communicate (however Misha is often used as her interpreter). She is very diligent when it comes to her work, and does not appreciate people around her slacking off or shirking their duties. She is very strict towards others, in contrast to fellow class representative of 3-2, her cousin Lilly Satou.
Shizune has short dark blue hair and dark blue eyes. She wears a pair of grey glasses that she rarely takes off, a gold wristwatch, dark blue thigh-high socks and black shoes with a strap decorated with a red rose. She is often seen wearing her school uniform, which is described as tight on her. However, she is seen seen wearing two other outfits as well - both of which are described as mature and well-thought-out by Hisao. She wore a red yukata with faded white flowers, a large red flower-shaped hairpin, and a purple bow during the festival. When she went home to Saitama, she wore a black and white dress with two straps tied into a bow in the back, a black skirt, and a red belt.
Akira Satou - Shizune likes Akira; at least much better than her sister, Lilly. Akira and Shizune have a history together, but not many details are known.
Hideaki Hakamichi - Shizune and Hideaki get along, but sibling rivalry does exist between them. Hideaki shares Shizune's competitive drive, which often has them competing over nothing. Shizune upholds her older-sister role when it comes to managing Hideaki, although communication between the two is difficult because Hideaki does not know sign language. The siblings share some hobbies as well, the main being fishing, but both are seen to be good at board games.
Jigoro Hakamichi - Shizune resents her father and talks back to him even though he doesn't even know sign language. She is able to imitate her father and enjoys making fun of him.
Shiina Mikado (a.k.a. Misha) - Shizune's best friend and interpreter. Misha met Shizune at the beginning of her freshman year. Misha knew little sign language then, but just enough for the two become friends. They have been friends ever since, but eventually, Misha developed a crush on Shizune. Shizune rebuffed Misha's confession, causing conflict later in the route. All throughout her arc, Shizune notes that she doesn't give Misha enough credit for being such an asset to her. As a result, Misha's grades started to slip throughout Shizune's arc due to her persistence to be with Shizune. The two rarely fight. However, the chosen ending determines whether or not Shizune and Misha continue to be friends after graduation.
Lilly Satou - Shizune is not very fond of Lilly, often arguing with her whenever they meet. Lilly describes Shizune as pushy, rude, and scary. Shizune thinks Lilly is lazy and selfish. Both were once in Student Council before Shizune "scared off" the rest of the members, leaving just herself and Misha. Shizune and Lilly have never cooperated well, although they do have some mutual respect.
Akio Mutou - As Student Council President, Shizune is on good terms with her teacher.
Yuuko Shirakawa - Shizune is a regular at the Shanghai. She often sees Yuuko there in addition to the library. As a result, the two have good standing with each other.
Despite her no-nonsense initial impression, Shizune can be rather childish at times. She is obsessed with the prospect of a challenge, often turning situations into competitions regardless of whether it makes any sense to do so. Her talent as a natural leader makes her well-suited for her position as president of the Student Council (which has only two or three members, depending on Hisao's choices). Ironically, she has said that she dislikes being put into leadership positions, preferring responsibility for management instead. When working with others, she takes the initiative in nearly everything, and is very blunt and direct with her comments and instructions, so as to not be misunderstood. A very ambitious scholar, Shizune uses her deafness as an advantage to focus on her studies and maximize her grades.
Shizune has several quirks that make her very interesting to interact with. When she needs to focus, she will often subconsciously play with her glasses and stare at people analytically. When she needs to get someone's attention, she can snap her fingers impressively loudly, the sound of which is comparable to a thunderclap. She can give the impression of being insensitive and rude, but she is actually rather self-conscious. Wanting to look self-sufficient and precise, she attempts to hide the few mistakes she does make until they become too large to handle alone. She blushes easily when embarrassed, such as when Misha suggests Hisao use her nickname "Shicchan" despite the two only having just met.
See Shizune's route for the full plotline.
- Shizune's path is the only path that takes place throughout the entire school year and ends on their last days at Yamaku.
- She is the only romanceable character who does not cry during the course of her path, not even in the bad ending - unless you count her first sexual encounter with Hisao during their visit at her family's house, where you can see some small tears during the act.
- Unlike the other girls on their respective routes, or scenes during Act 1, there's not a single scene with Shizune (nor Misha) where Hisao decides to talk to her about his arrhythmia problem. The most direct revelation he says comes in Slow Recovery during Act 1, but as an option leading to the Bad Ending. He gives some hints in later scenes about being hospitalized in the past as the cause of being transferred to Yamaku, but nothing else.
- Shizune's name translates roughly to "quiet noise".
- She wears a watch, which is never shown in-game, on her right wrist. It has golden hands and is described as "delicate" by Hisao.
- It has been hinted that Shizune is capable at reading lips.
- Shizune refuses to throw things.
- Shizune never makes wishes, due to a hinted embarrassing reason.
- After Shizune has been selected as the girl to pursue, her route only has one decision fork (when choosing to comfort Misha or not in Act 3).
|Emi Ibarazaki • Shizune Hakamichi • Lilly Satou • Hanako Ikezawa • Rin Tezuka|
|Kenji Setou • Shiina "Misha" Mikado • Akio Mutou • Nurse • Yuuko Shirakawa • Akira Satou • Meiko Ibarazaki • Shinichi Nomiya|
|Hideaki Hakamichi • Jigoro Hakamichi • Sae Saionji • Karla Satou • Aoi • Keiko • Shopkeeper • Miki Miura • Iwanako • Saki Enomoto • Rika Katayama • Track Team Captain • Takashi Maeda • Taro Arai • Suzu Suzuki • Natsume Ooe • Naomi Inoue|