- "Misha is the interpreter for Shizune and a fellow member of the student council. Cheery, playful, and never one to pull a punch, she happily joins in Shizune's attempts to get Hisao onto the student council."
- — Official Description
Shiina Mikado (御門椎名, Mikado Shīna), commonly referred to as Misha (ミーシャ, Mīsha) is the friend of Shizune Hakamichi, as well as her de facto interpreter. Unlike the other students, Misha has no mention of a disability that prompted her to be enrolled at the school, but there is some speculation (based on her personality) that she has ADHD, OCD or perhaps some form of autism. However, this is very unlikely as it was established that Yamaku Academy does not cater towards students with mental disabilities. A developer stated on the official IRC that she had only "A broken nail in 3rd Grade"
As regular students can enroll at Yamaku, and because Misha has expressed a desire to become a sign language teacher, it is possible that she attends simply to become more proficient at signing to master her skills.
Misha has a "bubbly" personality, to the point of being overbearing. She often speaks in a high volume much to the dismay of Hisao and Mutou. She has been described as "girlish" and playful, in juxtaposition to Shizune. Rather than refer to people by their names, she will use nicknames, such as Hicchan (Hisao) and Shicchan (Shizune). She is occasionally oblivious to what is happening around her, such as Lilly and Shizune's heated arguments. In these cases, Shizune's comments, often loaded with malicious intent, generally lose their meaning by the time Misha interprets them in her trademark style. In Shizune's route, it is revealed Misha is in love with Shizune, but was rejected and still holds these feelings.
- Before the game's full release there was much speculation among the fanbase as to Misha's disability, with many assuming she had a fatal condition (most likely cancer) and would die during Shizune's route. The full release does not reveal any disability, leaving it up to speculation. However, the full release did reveal that Yamaku Academy also accepts completely healthy students.
- A common belief, due to her strong personality, is that she may have ADHD or a similar condition.
- Another theory is that she suffers from a problem with her inner ear which affects hearing and balance. There is some evidence to support this, she mentions never learning to ride a bike, having trouble on the stairs, and had trouble when kissing Hisao (most likely balance problems). Tied in with her obliviousness to how loud she is, and being proficient in sign language probably shows that she will most likely lose hearing as she gets older and the sign language is just preparation for that.
- One of the devs stated that Misha's disability was a broken nail. It is unknown whether or not this is canon.
- Her nickname is derived from her real name when written in standard Japanese format (Mikado Shiina).
- She is the only character outside the five main girls who has a specific (optional) H-scene later in the game.
- In the beta version, she committed suicide after Shizune and Hisao's relationship, leaving the former heartbroken. In the good ending, Shizune and Hisao overcome it, and consider naming a child after her.
|Emi Ibarazaki • Shizune Hakamichi • Lilly Satou • Hanako Ikezawa • Rin Tezuka|
|Kenji Setou • Shiina "Misha" Mikado • Akio Mutou • Nurse • Yuuko Shirakawa • Akira Satou • Meiko Ibarazaki • Shinichi Nomiya|
|Hideaki Hakamichi • Jigoro Hakamichi • Sae Saionji • Karla Satou • Aoi • Keiko • Shopkeeper • Miki Miura • Iwanako • Saki Enomoto • Rika Katayama • Track Team Captain • Takashi Maeda • Taro Arai • Suzu Suzuki • Natsume Ooe • Naomi Inoue|